The laboratory is designed to be used in secondary vocational educational institutions.
The laboratory consists of the following equipment:
- NTC-05.09 “Energy audit in housing and utility sector”.
- NTC-08.15 “Installation and maintenance of electric power networks for industrial enterprises and households”.
- НТЦ-08.47.1 “Электромонтажный комплекс”.
- NTC-10.10 “Electric supply of industrial enterprises”.
NTC-05.09 “Energy audit in housing and utility sector”
The training laboratory bench is designed for being used as training equipment at higher and secondary educational institutions in practical and laboratory classes.
Structurally the bench is implemented in floor-standing version. The studied equipment is located on the front panel as well as at the front and back of the unit.
The following items are mounted on the panel:
- power supply system;
- luminaires with lamps of various light;
- warm floor thermal regulator;
- electric water heater.
An electric heater (convectors) and a hydronic heating circulating pump are installed at the bottom of the front side. A panel with a warm floor heating element and a heating radiator are located at the bottom of the rear side. The assemblage of electrical circuits for the work is carried out by means of pin plug jumpers.
The training system is supplied with:
- a set of methodological and technical documentation for teaching staff;
- a software.
- Thermal mapping of hydronic heating system.
- Thermal mapping of warm floor.
- Thermal mapping of power distributing nodes.
- Actual power consumption by lighting.
- Actual power consumption by heating systems.
- Thermal mapping of enclosing and heat insulating structures.
NTC-08.15 “Installation and maintenance of electric power networks for industrial enterprises and households”
Structurally, the training system consists of a housing in which electrical equipment, electronic boards, a double-sided front panel, and a tabletop.
On the front panel there are:
- circuit breaker “Power”,
- transformer T2
- circuit breaker QF1,
- differential automaton QF3,
- magnetic starters KM1, KM2,
- relay K1-K3,
- fuse FU1,
- load resistors R1, R2,
- ammeters A1-A2,
- voltmeters V1-V2,
- two-element wattmeter W1, W2,
- speed meter n,
- LATr T1,
- time relay KT1, KT2,
- thermal relay KA1,
- bulb HE1,
- luminescent lamp HE2,
- capacitors C1-C3,
- switches SA1, SA3-SA5,
- button posts SB1, SB2,
- ring HA1.
The back panel shows a fragment of the installation of electric lighting of the apartment.
The shafts of all electrical machines are mechanically interconnected by means of couplings.
Three-phase voltage supply to the stand is controlled by indicator lamps.
On the right side of the stand is a functional unit for studying an induction motor and a drive based on it. On the left are ballasts used in this circuit. In the central part of the panel are devices for the study of DC motor and transformer.
To assemble the circuits under study, connecting wires (jumpers) should connect the corresponding elements according to the circuit diagrams given in the guidelines.
The training system is supplied with a set of technical and methodical documentation for teaching staff.
- The test of ground loop.
- The test of electric motor with switching units.
- Condenser test to increase power coefficient.
- The study of lighting network protection.
- Mounting of electric light network in an apartment.
- The study of luminescent lamp operation.
- Detection and elimination of automatic electric drive defects.
- Test of ac motor after service.
- Test of dc motor after service.
- Test of motor-starting devices after service.
- Test of power transformers after service.
- Location of faults in cable lines.
NTC-08.47.1 “Wiring complex”
NTC-10.10 “Electric supply of industrial enterprises”
The following equipment is installed inside:
- power supply unit ±15 V 1 А, +5 V 1 А;
- timer board with discrimination power of 0,1 s;
- electronic current relay board;
- control boards for commutation of the investigated current protection circuits of electric motor and transformer;
- load resistors board, type MLT-2 100 Ohm;
- relay unit;
- power transformer OSM1-0,1;
- electric chokes, current transformers;
- phase meter board;
- capacitors 0,1; 0,2; 0,4; 1; 2 μF.
The front panel features electrical circuit diagrams of the investigated objects. All the diagrams shown on the panel are divided into groups according to the subject matter of the work. On the panel there are commutations sockets, pointer power instruments, stopwatch indicator, asynchronous electric motor, switching equipment and controllers for adjusting the properties of investigated elements during the laboratory experiment. The front panel is made of a composite material, with a full-color image (labels, schematics, symbols) on the top aluminium cover printed by enduring printing method.
The controllers are:
- filament lamp (load) switcher, allowing to set different properties of the investigated 3-phase network;
- toggle switches of capacitor store, allowing to change the capacity from 0..3,7 uF at a pitch of 0,1 uF;
- variable potentiometer of a voltage regulator PH;
- buttons, switches and toggles for protection circutry of electric motor and transformer.
To conduct laboratory experiment, it is necessary to assemble a circuit of the object using standardized jumpers.
Measurements are made using switchboard instrumentation. There are 8 panel meters on the panel of the stand. Among them:
- ammeter of alternating current (measurement limit 10 A, accuracy class 2.5) – 4 pcs.;
- ammeter of alternating current (limit of measurement 1 A, accuracy class 2.5) – 2 pcs.;
- ampervoltmeter of alternating current (measurement limit 1 A / 250 V, accuracy class 2.5) – 2 pcs.
The training system is supplied with:
- student testing program for admission to laboratory work. In the testing process, both theoretical knowledge and knowledge of the contents of the laboratory work performed are checked. As a result of testing, the student receives an assessment of knowledge;
- a set of methodological and technical documentation intended for the teaching staff.
- The study of the secondary windings of current transformers.
Object of study: current transformers included in a 3-phase network. the connection schemes of the secondary windings of the current transformer used in relay protection and automation devices are studied.
- Overcurrent protection test using an electronic current relay.
Object of study: current relay RT-84. The device and the operation of the electronic relay, the features of its use for protection, the advantages and disadvantages are studied.
- The study of the modes of operation of the AC power line with load power factor changes.
Object of study: a model of a power line loaded with an active-inductive load. In laboratory work, the modes of operation of the line are studied when the load power factor changes, a compensating capacitor is calculated, and an experiment is performed to compensate reactive power.
- Relay protection test of a high voltage electric motor. Object of study: model of relay protection circuit. In the work it is required to study, configure and test in practice the operation of the protection system based on the training system.
- Test relay protection step-down transformer. Object of study: model of relay protection circuit. In the work, it is required to study and test in practice the operation of the power transformer protection system the training system.