The laboratory bench NTC-13.09.4 “Belt Drives” is designed to study mechanical power transmission by means of flexible elements (belts) of various types.
The bench provides measurement of the basic characteristics of belt drive: efficiency, belt sliding, rotational speed, the power on the drive and driven pulleys.
The construction of the bench consists of a belt machine and a control unit. The belt machine includes a drive motor, an electromagnetic brake clutch with pulleys for belts on it, measurement system sensors. The belt machine allows adjustment of the belt tension and also implements power-on protection if the lid is opened. The control unit includes the driving motor relay-contactor control system, the measurement system, automatic circuit breakers, a PC connection unit. Controllers and measuring system indicators are located on the front panel.
The front panel is divided into the following units by its functions:
- Circuit breakers unit – includes fuses to protect the drive motor against overload and the bench emergency stop button.
- Measurement system unit – includes measurement system indicators a toggle switch for changing the displayed values.
- Motor control unit – contains buttons to start and stop the motor. The control unit does not allow the motor to run if the belt machine lid is opened, and also stops the motor when the lid is opened during rotation.
- Electromagnetic coupling load torque regulator unit- allows you to adjust the load torque on the shaft of the drive sleeve with potentiometer.
The training system is supplied with:
- a software
- a set of technical and methodical documentation for teaching staff.