The laboratory “Water supply and treatment systems” is designed for secondary vocational and higher educational institutions
The laboratory consists of the following equipment:
- NTC-09.02 “Means of automation”.
- NTC-16.46 “Automation in water supply and drainage”.
- NTC-16.47 “Water supply and water treatment”.
- NTC-16.48 “Electronic plumbing fixtures”.
- NTC-16.49 “Isolation valves testing”.
NTC-09.02 “Means of automation”
The laboratory unit is intended for the development and implementation of the circuits of automatic control based on PLC.
Structurally, the system consists of the object of automation and the control unit.
The object of automation is a floor construction in the form of a frame rack with two transparent vessels, circulation pump, flow regulator with proportional control, flow meter, pressure sensor, temperature sensor, level sensor and heating element installed.
The control unitis made in the form of an aluminum base with a power supply unit, an input unit and a control panel. The control panel contains the general control circuit of the automation object and the following elements of the control circuit: PLC, control relay, control elements and switching sockets.
- Developing and testing the level control system.
- Developing and testing the temperature control system.
- Developing and testing the pressure control system.
- Developing and testing the flow rate control system.
NTC-16.46 “Automation in water supply and drainage”
The stand consists of the following main devices:
- pump installation, which includes a centrifugal pump and a single-phase drive electric motor;
- hydropneumatic tank;
- hydraulic control module;
- electrical control module;
- top hydraulic tank;
- potentiometric level sensor;
- water level indicator in the upper hydraulic tank;
- lower hydraulic tank;
- water level indicator in the lower hydraulic tank;
- stand frames.
Hydraulic and electrical control modules, which are structurally complete devices, are designed to control, measure recorded values and monitor the operation of the stand.
The following devices are installed in the housing of the hydraulic control module:
- check Valve;
- pressure switch:
- water consumer simulator;
- temperature sensor;
- flow meter;
An overflow pipe with a large inner diameter is welded into the bottom of the upper hydraulic tank. Overflow is provided at a height of 0.26 m from the bottom of the upper tank, that is, the maximum water level in the upper tank is approximately 0.26 m. Water from the upper tank through the overflow pipe flows into the lower tank. Due to this, in any situations that can only arise during operation of the stand, there is always water in the lower hydraulic tank, which prevents the failure of the hydraulic pump, since pump operation without water is impossible.
On the front panel of the electrical control module the following equipment is located:
- load resistance;
- digital milliammeter;
- digital voltmeter;
- digital wattmeter;
- digital display of a stopwatch (three-digit);
- digital device that records the temperature of the working fluid (T, ºС);
- circuit breakers.
Structuring of the electrical system of the bench, which must be performed before starting each new laboratory experiment, is carried out by installing jumpers with plugs in the sockets installed on the front panel of the electric control module. The jumpers are installed in accordance with the electrical connection diagram given in the guidelines for each laboratory experiment.
The stand is supplied with:
- a set of methodological and technical documentation for teaching staff;
- a software.
- The potentiometric sensor analysis.
- The study of electromagnetic relay characteristics.
- The study and performance test of centrifugal pump.
- Flow measurement.
- The study of temperature pressure sensors and pressure relay.
- The study of the automatic level control system.
- The study of the automatic pressure control system.
NTC-16.49 “Water supply and treatment”
A complex unit of residential water supply (hot and cold) mounted on a mobile platform.
The training laboratory system is equipped with points of feeding from water network as well as hot and cold water flowmeters, an electric pump, accumulating expansion tanks, pressure and temperature protective equipment. A pressure controller, a back-flushing filter, an electric water heater (30l), a wash sink with a mixer and a drain valve, valves, taps and inverted valves for controlling and redirecting the liquid flow are installed on the stand. The measuring system includes digital thermometers with remote sensors, water flowmeters, and a measuring analyzer of electric power.
NTC-16.48 “Electronic plumbing fixtures”
The training laboratory system is mounted on a mobile platform includes three elements: an imitation of a urinal with radar electronics, a no-touch urinal flushing device, a wash sink mixer with an optical sensor.
The system is equipped with a water feed system, a network connector with a flowmeter, a water disposal system (50mm drain pipe). The devices are connected with flexible hoses with isolation valves, the mixer is installed on a wash sink with a flushing device, water disposing is provided.
NTC-16.49 “Isolation valves testing”
The training laboratory system is designed for experimental studies of the shutoff and regulating characteristics of isolation valves for cold and hot water.
The system is mounted on a mobile platform. Different mixers (with flywheels, with a lever and thermostatic) are installed and fixed on the mounting panel. A wash sink (or a tank) with a flushing device is installed on the stand. The stand is connected to a water-supply network.
The measuring system includes thermometers, manometers, water flowmeters and the variable area flowmeters. The measuring system is duplicated for the hot and the cold water supply lines.
Flexible hoses in metal braid and shower stands are provided in the delivery set.
- Study the laboratory training system;
- Study of water mixers;
- Equipment installation and operation;
- Elements and their purpose of operation;
- Characteristics of fittings.