ExtLab is a universal extendable educational platform, which opens you possibility to study a wide range of electrical engineering subjects:
- electrical machines;
- electrical engineering and basic electronics;
- analog and digital electronics;
- microprocessor equipment;
- basic electrical engineering theory;
- power converting equipment;
- digital electronics basics;
- radio engineering and telecommunication, fiber-optic communication;
- radio engineering circuits and signals;
- circuitry of analog devices;
- automotive electronics.
The training laboratory stand is a desktop unit in aluminium housing. On the front panel there are: socket for plug-in boards, commutation sockets for oscilloscope and generator, capacitor bank, USB port, control and protection elements.
The stand is controlled by a PC via USB bus. The software automatically checks and initializes connection with the stand. Incessant experimental data transmission occurs during experiments.
The plug-in boards are electronic circuit boards with a special socket for installation and circuit elements.They are subdivided thematically according to the subjects. Some boards are supplied with additional units and test objects.The commutation of the elements is realized by stiff jumpers (15 mm. width), it provides good circuit layout for better understanding and protects it from false misoperation. The layout is designed so that it’s impossible to assemble fault connection. Each board has its own 8-bit address for ExtLab recognition.
Teaching stuff can individually choose boards to have a set, which will perfectly match their curriculum. The list of educational courses is constantly updated with new subjects. Furthermore it’s possible to design board according to the customer’s terms of reference.
The stand includes:
- control unit based on DS PIC 33EP256MU810 microprocessor;
- Dual-channel USB-oscilloscope with potential free USB port and inputs;
- Three multi-channel digital instruments;
- Function signal generator;
- Potential free single-channel power amplifier;
- Potential free triple-channel power amplifier;
- Static PSU.
The ExtLab socket features the following terminals:
- voltage ±15ВV1А;
- voltage ±5ВV, 0,5А;
- 3-phase PSU(In max = 0,6А for one channel) with adjustable range of stress ±20V, frequency (0-200 Hz) and a phase, with short circuit protection;
- single-phase PSU (In max = 0,6А for one channel) with adjustable range of stress ±20V, frequency (0-200 Hz) and a phase, with short circuit protection;
- 8 digital inputs;
- 8 digital outputs;
- 8-bit databus;
- relay elements switching terminals;
- 8-bit bus for board recognition;
- digital instruments’ inputs’
- capacitor bank outputs
The training system is supplied with:
- A set of technical and methodical documentation intended for teaching staff.
- Software bundle with the following features:
– Provides recognition of the plug-in board and automatically sets correct properties for experiment (voltage values, measurement ranges and profiles for instruments), sets digital inputs/outputs and relays used during experiment.
– It includes the following visual tools for real-time measurement: dual-channel oscilloscope and 3 digital instruments, function generator, 4-channel PSU with adjustable AC/DC, range, frequency and phase shift.
– It provides experimentation, including automatic measurement, logging, calculating and charts construction.
The software is subdivided onto courses, which are divided in laboratory experiments. The experiments include theoretical part with educational media materials, testing system and a practical part.