The training system allows to gain practical skills on the following topics:
- Study of Siemens S7-1200 PLC:
- Study of command input system;
- Study of programming basics for the controller;
- Development of control software.
- Controller programming and control software runtime check:
- Usage of timers;
- Usage of counters;
- Study of operator panel;
- Implementation of automatic control algorithms for objects of automation.
Structurally, the training system consists of a case with electrical equipment installed inside and a front panel.
The front panel features:
- control elements (toggle switches, variable resistors);
- sockets for connecting wires;
Functionally, the front panel is divided in 2 sectors:
- sector with Siemens S7-1200 PLC, with the PLC itself mounted in the center. In the lower part of the sector there are 8 discreet outputs, 2 analogue outputs, DB-25 and DB-15 sockets for the connection of external objects of automation. In the upper part there are 8 discreet inputs with signal setiing toggle switches above, and 2 analogue inputs – the signals are injected using two variable resistors.
- sector with WIENTEK MT8071IE operator panel. It’s used to display controls of virtual object of automation, it’s simplified technological process scheme and parameters. It also provides simplified visualization of the control process. Communication between the PLC and operator panel is performed via Ethernet.
Simulation of executive elements of technological objects controlled by the PLC is made in FACTORY I/O virtual environment. The training system is supplied with 6 different virtual models of technological processes.