Structurally, the stand is made in the desktop version and consists of a base on which mounted elements are fixed. A control beam is installed on the brackets, one end of which is located on a pivotally-movable support, and the second end is on a pivotally-fixed support. When carrying out laboratory work, the loading of the beam is carried out by loads on a suspension or a cross-beam with goods through rollers. To measure distances when doing work, a ruler is used. Linear displacements (deflections) and angular displacements are measured by a dial-type indicator head mounted on an arm.
The laboratory stand is supplied with:
- a set of methodical and technical documentation for academic staff;
- a software that automates the constructing diagrams process of internal shear forces and bending moments of two-support beam.
The software product gives opportunity to check the correctness of calculations and plotting during practice, and can also serve as an interactive material for lectures on the topic of the same name.
The program allows for the given load parameters (concentrated forces, bending moments, uniformly distributed loads) to perform:
- determination of support reactions;
- construction of diagrams of shear forces and bending moments;
- output of the values of the obtained shear forces and bending moments for each of the sections of the beam;
- creating a report on the results of construction with the output of all initial and calculated data.