The stand consists of two isolated subsystems.
The first (main) subsystem of the stand has a closed water circulation system (doesn’t require a water supply connection). The first subsystem accommodates:
- two pumping stations;
- a hydraulic tank;
- pipelines being tested;
- devices to measure jet pressure;
- a head tank;
- data managing and measuring system, control system.
The measuring system allows determining fluid pressures and flow speeds at various points in the system, as well as measuring flows volumetrically and using flow meters. The jet pressure measuring device allows determining parameters of jet impact on a flat surface (a round steel disc), at various distances between the orifice and the surface.
The second subsystem of the stand is only used when studying types of fluid flows. Colored fluid is used to visualize the flow. The subsystem is connected to the water supply and water drain systems.
The front panel of the stand’s control system is separated into two parts: electric and hydraulic.
The electric part of the front panel accommodates:
- an automatic switch;
- numeric displays of measuring instruments;
- signaling lamps indicating power supply to the stand.
The hydraulic part of the front panel accommodates instruments, hydraulic automation elements and controls. For convenience, the hydraulic panel shows the hydraulic circuit diagram. The work table accommodates the pipelines being tested. The tank and electric pumps are installed at the bottom of the stand’s frame.
All parts of the frame (included the painted ones) that come into contact with water are made the stainless steel, bronze and brass.
The stand is supplied with:
- a complete set of methodical and technical documents for teaching staff;
- a software to operate the equipment, including:
- studying theoretical materials;
- initial verification and consolidation of the knowledge gained with the help of a test included in the software;
- implementation of the laboratory work with recording the observations and measurements in corresponding program fields and tables, automation of the calculations and plotting the diagrams;
- formation of the final report on the laboratory work.