The front panel of the training system shows wiring diagrams of the objects under study. All the diagrams shown on the panel are divided into groups according to the subject of experiment performed. Switching sockets for power supply or measuring devices are installed there as well.
Functionally, the front panel is divided into six blocks:
- Power supply and measurement block. Measuring devices include DC ammeter (2 pcs) and voltmeter (1 pcs):
- Block for studying the circuits based on operational amplifiers (amplifiers, filters, converters);
- Block for studying the characteristics of non-linear elements (thermistors, optoelectronic devices);
- Block for studying step motors. Allows to study the step motor control by a driver;
- Block of microcontroller programming. It allows to learn the basics of microcontrollers programming (dsPIC, AVR, MCS-51) as separate modules;
- Block of the electric machine unit. It allows to explore different types of sensors used in automation systems, as well as the mechanical characteristics of DC motor in various automatic control systems (open, closed).
To carry out the experiment it is necessary to assemble the circuits of the object of study with the unified jumpers, which allow to assemble the circuits without losing their visibility.
Measurements are made by built-in digital measuring devices (ammeter and voltmeter) and USB-oscilloscope.
The laboratory stand is supplied with:
- a set of methodological and technical documentation intended for the teaching staff;
- software for controllers’ programming.
- software for operation at the stand which provides:
- studying the theory;
- primary verification and consolidation of the acquired knowledge using the test included in the program;
- carrying out laboratory work with registration of observations and measurements in the corresponding fields and tables of the program, automation of calculations and construction of graphs;
- final report generation as per proper laboratory work.