Structurally, the training system is made in a desktop unit and consists of two parts:
- the case with installed electric equipment and front panel;
- electric machine unit, containing of two electric machines: asynchronous electric motor with squirrel-cage rotor, DC electric motor. The speed optical sensor is installed on the electric machine unit.
The case consists of:
- frequency converter is used to form three-phase AC circuit of regulated frequency and voltage;
- pulse-width converter to supply armature windings and motor DC motor excitation.
- measurement system is used to change and display the investigated motor parameters (current, voltage, electric power, speed, moment).
The front panel includes:
- frequency converter controls;
- load node controls;
- switch-regulated apparatus controls;
- measurement system indicators;
- USB socket to connect to PC.
The training system is supplied with:
- software is used to output in real time mode, to save the parameters in PC memory, measured by installed digital equipment, to form records with diagrams construction;
- a set of technical and methodical documentation is used for teaching staff.