Structurally the stand consists of two parts:
- housing with installed electrical equipment, electronic cards, front panel, integrated tabletop;
- machine unit, which includes an asynchronous electric motor with a squirrel-cage rotor, a DC electric motor of independent excitation and an optical speed sensor with determination of the rotation direction.
The stand housing accommodates:
- frequency converter designed to form a three-phase alternating current network of controlled frequency and voltage;
- direct current converter dedicated to control DC motor;
- measuring system dedicated for measuring and displaying motor parameters under study (current, voltage, electric power, speed, mechanical moment);
- position controller for researching an asynchronous electric motor in servo mode.
At the front panel of the stand are placed:
- frequency converter controls;
- controls of DC converter;
- controls of start-controlling equipment;
- measuring system indicators;
- connection sockets;
- USB connector for PC connection.
The stand is accompanied with:
- set of methodical and technical documentation for teaching stuff;