The laboratory unit is designed to carry out laboratory experiments, determine frequencies and shapes of natural vibrations of a string, spreading rate of transverse wave in the string.
The unit is performed as a basement with the following equipment installed on it:
- fixing upright intended for fixation of one end of the string;
- exciter intended for exciting of transverse vibrations of the string in the vertical plane;
- limiting upright for limiting the vibrating area of the string;
- dynamometer measuring the tensile force of the string;
- tension device intended for adjustment of the tensile force of the string.
Behind the string a horizontal measuring ruler with runner of a vertical ruler is installed. Low frequency generator with ‘accurate’ and ‘rough’ adjustments is used as the power source for the exciter.
Software and methodical documentation supplemented to the stand: methodical and technical documentation set intended for academic staff.