The laboratory unit is intended for studying the operating principle and characteristics of hydro piston pump and can be used for training specialists in mining industry.
Structurally the unit consists of the system model and the control bench.
The system model has a frame base with the following items located on it:
- transparent tanks simulating fluid medium layer and a reservoir for pumping;
- hydro piston (or pneumo) pump with transparent pipe and piston;
- hydro or pneumo cylinder with position sensors;
- hydro station or compressor;
- sensors of pressure in layer, pump and receiving reservoir;
- circulation pump for creating and controlling pressure in layer;
- electromagnetic valve;
- flow rate controller;
- pressure controller in receiving reservoir;
- level sensor.
The control bench has a block structure. It consists of an input unit with protecting devices, a power supply unit, a measurement unit with a USB connector for PC, and a control unit.
The measuring system allows the timing diagrams from pressure sensors to be displayed on a PC, as well as the pump performance to be calculated, and the drive unit power to be measured. The functions of the control unit include control of the liquid level in the reservoir for pumping, cylinder control, automatic drain actuation, and control of the circulation pump and compressor.
The software is designed for work with the bench and allows users to automate the process of collection, storage and graph displaying of the data obtained during the laboratory work on this bench. During the operation, the program automatically establishes a connection with the bench, determines the start and the end of the study process, as well as plots the measured values in real time. The program provides the possibility to export the obtained data for their subsequent processing in various software packages (MS Excel, Matlab, Mathcad, and others).