Structurally the bench consists of a body, in which electrical equipment, electronic boards, the front panel and an integrated desktop are installed.
The body contains:
- power supply unit +12 V 0,5 А, -12 V 0,5 А, +5 V 0,5 А;
- operational amplifier board;
- transistor amplifier board;
- controlled thyristor rectifier board;
- generator board;
- logical element board;
- pointer instruments:
- DC ammeter (measurement range 1/250mA, accuracy class 1,5) 1 pc.;
- DC/AC voltmeter (measurement range ~25/~50 and -10/50 V, accuracy class 1,5) 1 pc.
On the front panel the wiring diagrams of studied objects are depicted. All the circuits depicted on the panel are divided into groups in accordance with the theme of work done. There are also switching jacks, pointer instruments, switchgear, and controls allowing students to change the parameters of the elements during the laboratory work.
Functionally the front panel is divided into 6 units:
- Power supply unit. Within this unit the first three labs can be conducted. The unit enables the study of potentiometric stabilizer, the influence of various passive RC- and LC-filters and active on bipolar transistor on the power supply output voltage, thyristor rectifier.
- Unit for the study of circuits on bipolar transistors. The unit allows students to investigate the classical types of amplifiers: single stage (common emitter), differential, power amplifier and emitter follower (common collector). All circuits are parts of the power amplifier circuit. The input signal is the output signal of RC-oscillator to the operational amplifier with Wien bridge. The supply voltage can be stabilized 12V and adjustable in the range 0 ÷ 16 V.
- Unit for the study of circuits on the basis of operational amplifier. The unit allows students to investigate the standard amplification circuit (inverting and non-inverting amplifier), repeater, summation, differentiation, integration, comparison (comparator), Schmitt trigger. The input signals can be: a constant signal from a controlled voltage source or a signal from RC-oscillator to operational amplifier.
- Unit for the study of signal generators. The unit allows students to investigate: RC-generator on bipolar transistor, RC-oscillator on operational amplifier with Wien bridge, with and without AGC, multivibrator on operational amplifier, start-stop multivibrator on operational amplifier, RC-oscillator on logic elements.
- Unit for the study of digital technology circuits. The unit allows students to investigate: NOT, NAND, AND gates, synchronous RS-flip-flop, D-flip-flop, JK-flip-flop, T-flip-flop on gates, integral circuits of registers, counters and decoders, DAC with resistor matrix, ADC of successive approximation.
- Unit of digital measurement system.
To carry out the work it’s necessary to assemble the circuit of the studied object using standardized jumpers, which allow students to assemble the circuits without loss of clarity.
Measurements are conducted by means of pointer instruments (ammeter and voltmeter) and oscilloscope (at customer’s option).
The following software and methodological support is supplied with the laboratory bench:
- testing program for student admission to the laboratory work. Knowledge of theory and work content is checked in the process of testing. Consequently, the student gets a mark;
- methodical and technical documentation set intended for academic staff.