The educational laboratory stand NTC-01.01.B “Electrical Engineering and Fundamentals of Electronics” is intended to be used as educational equipment in higher and secondary specialized educational institutions.
The training system consists of 3 main parts:
- dual-motor assembly;
- interchangeable panel set.
Basis-stand includes frequently used elements: measuring system, power sources, loading elements etc., overall investigated devices are assembled.
Basis may be supplemented with different interchangeable panel sets, it provides various configurations fitting a definite curriculum and allows to purchase necessary extra modules in case of further alterations of laboratory works.
Basic configuration includes the following units:
- Input unit IU03 – 1 pc.;
- Power unit PSU01 – 1 pc.;
- Power unit PSU02 – 1 pc.;
- Power unit PSU03 – 1 pc.;
- Measurement unit MU01 – 1 pc.;
- Load unit LU01 – 1 pc.;
- Load unit LU02 – 1 pc.;
- Changeable panels unit ICPU01 – 1 pc.
Input unit IU03 provides voltage supply to the base-stand, it includes a protective shutdown device, zero protection, protection against short circuit.
- power 100 W;
- Upow 220 V, 50 Hz;
- Uout1 +5V, 1А stabilized;
- Uout2 +15V, 1А stabilized;
- Uout3 -15V, 1А stabilized;
- Uout4 +24V, 1А stabilized;
- Uout5 +250V, 1А unstabilized;
- built-in short-circuit protection.
PSU02 is a 3-phase power supply unit 380/127/24, 190 W.
PSU03 is an adjustable PSU with the following specs:
- Uout1 ~0-250V, 2А;
- Uout2 +0-250V, 2А;
- Uout3 ~0-36V, 2А;
- Uout4 +0-36V, 2А.
MU01 measurement unit is based on a measurement complex (28 measurement channels, 4 galvanic separators).
LU01 load unit includes:
- three-phase adjustable active load;
- three-phase adjustable capacitive load;
- three-phase adjustable inductive load.
LU02 load unit includes starting and adjusting rheostats for a DC motor.
The block of interchangeable panels ICPU1 is intended for the installation of interchangeable panels, the connection of power sources, measuring instruments, loads and control devices to them.
Additional units not included by default:
- controlled rectifier unit CRU01;
- pulse-width converter unit PWC01;
- frequency converter unit FCU01.
You can select a multi-channel oscilloscope MU02 (21 channel, 3 galvanic separators) instead of MU01 unit.
Dual-motor electric machine unit:
- squirrel cage induction motor;
- DC motor with independent excitation;
- Optical speed sensor.
The training system allows to study any typical configuration of electrical machines in any combination – 2 or 3 motors (supplied as additional equipment). Additionally, the selsyn motor unit, rotating transformet unit can be installed. To study follow-up systems encoder could be installed.
The interchangeable panels has standard A4 format size. Layout of electric circuit (of laboratory work), switching connectors, a part of electrical components and control elements, which influence on the results of investigation, are placed on the front panel.
Bottom part of the interchangeable panel is made as a circuit board with connectors for ‘Basis-stand’ and it is used for switching all necessary elements of the stand during laboratory work.
Most interchangeable panels are intelligent, and after turning on the stand they automatically set up measuring system, characteristics of power sources, max and min values of investigated devices, etc..
As a rule, several laboratory works are carried out on one panel. Circuits are assembled with standard rigid switching jumpers with a pitch of 15 mm. The sockets on the diagrams are arranged so that, if possible, to exclude the stand’s failure from the erroneous actions of the students.
The use of interchangeable panels instead of switching the studied circuits with the help of long wires connecting various blocks and devices allows:
- to focus the attention of students on the object of study;
- to simplify the work of a teacher in monitoring the actions of students, it is easy to check the schemes and as a result do not spend an academic hour on checking the schemes and searching for errors;
- Easily complement the list of laboratory work in accordance with changing curriculum.
Most of the interchangeable panels are intelligent, and when you turn on the stand, they automatically adjust the measurement system, power supply parameters, maximum and minimum values of the devices under study, etc.
Replaceable panels have additional protection of the power supply modules, measuring system and load elements used in the basis-bench against the erroneous actions of students.
Software and methodical guidelines supplied with the training system:
1. Software, which provides:
- studying theoretical materials. In this case, the teacher has the opportunity to edit the material for study, it makes the software actual at changing education curriculum;
- initial verification and consolidation of the knowledge gained with the help of a test included in the software. The software provides the creation of a test by teacher for each laboratory work, as well as its subsequent editing and selection of the test purpose during the laboratory work (either admission to work performance, or consolidation of acquired knowledge, or protection of work after it is completed).
- carrying out laboratory work with a detailed step-by-step description of the experiments. Students assemble the circuit on the stand panel, according to the specified parameters, carry out experiments according to the instructions, register their observations and measurements in the appropriate fields and tables of the program. On the basis of the data obtained, by the software proceeds to subsequent calculations and the construction of graphs (depending on the content of the laboratory work). The results of carried experiments can be used as initial and intermediate data for calculations at following experiments and works;
- after each experiment, an individual final report on the laboratory work is generated, saved in the .doc (.xls) format, which allows the teacher to evaluate the activities of each student at the performance of the laboratory work.
2. A complete set of methodical and technical documents for teaching staff.