- housings of Module 1 and Module 2, where is mounted a part of electric equipment, electronic cards, front panel and integrated work table top;
- an electric machine unit (twin) containing two electric machines: an asynchronous electric motor with a squirrel-cage rotor and a direct current electric motor of independent/sequential excitation. An optical speed sensor is installed on the machine unit.
The housing of the stand contains:
- power supply unit;
- board of thyristor-controlled rectifier and pulse-width converter;
- adjustable AC voltage source based on autotransformer;
- capacitor stores;
- load resistors;
- digital measuring complex with value displaying;
- card for measuring the rotation speed of electrical machines with indication;
- digital two-channel oscilloscope;
- signal generator.
On the front panels of the stand are shown electrical circuits of the objects under study, which are divided into groups in accordance with the topics of the laboratory work being carried out. The front panels also have switching sockets and equipment, indicators of digital measuring instruments, as well as controls for changing parameters during laboratory work.
The controls and other front panel elements of the Module 1 include:
- mains switch with voltage control in each phase;
- switch block variable resistor;
- laboratory autotransformer switch;
- signal generator output sockets;
- DC EMF regulators;
- jacks for connecting to channels of the built-in digital signal with switches for voltage dividers of the input signal.
- capacitor stores;
- indication of a digital measuring complex.
Measurements are doing using a digital measuring complex built into the stand and connected to a personal computer via the USB bus. The measuring complex consists of 4 galvanically isolated multi-channel analog-to-digital converters, a module of a microprocessor measuring system that provides multi-channel measurements in all three phases with the output of the measured values of current, voltage and power onto digital indicators. The measuring complex has opportunity for measuring both direct and alternating current.
The controls and other front panel elements of the Module 2 include:
- setpoints for the control system of the controlled rectifier;
- switches for adjustable rheostats of the armature and excitation circuits of the DC motor.
- master for PWC;
- connector for connecting a twin of an electromagnetic unit.
The stand is accompanied with a set of methodical and technical documentation for teaching stuff.