The training laboratory bench NTC-15.41.3 “Pneumatic brake system” is designed to carry out laboratory and practical classes on such subjects as “Design and operation of automobiles and tractors”, “Maintenance of road-building machines and equipment”, “Technical exploitation of road-building machines and equipment” and so on.
The bench itself is a working model of MAZ vehicle family brake system with ABS. The model consists of a schematic representation of truck and trailer chassis with actual air brake system components installed on it.
Pneumatic system, which is installed separately includes: air compressor, electric motor, receiver and compressed air preparation devices.
The bench includes:
- air dryer with pressure regulator;
- four-circuit safety valve;
- mufflers of the receivers, to decrease air exhaust noise level;
- trailer air dispenser;
- service and parking brake valves;
- check valve in parking brake system line;
- acceleration valves (one in service brake system, the other in parking brake system”;
- two sets of coupling heads (for the truck and the railer);
- double-line valve;
- trailer control valve;
- truck braking forces regulator;
- brake chambers (front, back, trailer);
- a pair of flexible connectors to connect the tailer to the truck;
- pressure gauges to measure the pressure in brake system lines.
Connecting fittings and air nozzles have the ability of quick connection.
On the front panel there’s the graphical scheme of MAZ automobiles air break system with ABS, ABS control units, ABS wheel sensors with pulley rotors, control and indication system, incoming circuit breaker.
During operation the condition of the fluid controller valves is indicated by LEDs.
On the panel of the bench there are two pulley rotors of the ABS wheel sensors. 4 wheel sensors are placed beside every runner. During the operation of the bench it’s possible to set speed and rotation mode of the pulley rotors by simulating evenly rotating wheel and the wheel which brakes with a lock.
Additionally there’s an opportunity for connecting oscilloscope to the coils of the fluid controller valves and to the wheel sensors. Rotation control of the runners is performed both in manual and computer-aided modes.
The training system is supplied with a set of methodical and technical documentation for teaching staff.