Structurally, the stand consists of a case with a front panel on which controls, motors, position sensors (infrared, capacitive, inductive, optical), temperature, lighting and motion sensors, a programmable logic controller, LCD display for displaying information about the status of sensors are placed.
Functionally, the front panel is divided into several sections:
- “PLC module” includes a PLC 150 programmable logic controller, an Ethernet interface connector for PLC programming, a PLC 150 socket group for circuit assembly.
- The “control post” is used as an element of the assignment. On this part of the panel there is a dial switch and three buttons.
- “Sound and light alarm” includes an image of the connection diagrams of the objects of study, an indication of the state of the relay and the objects of study themselves: a set of multi-colored lamps simulating a traffic light and a sound detector. Also on this section of the panel there is a motion sensor and a light sensor.
- “Sensor Test” is equipped with a DC motor, sensors: infrared range finder, capacitive sensor, inductive sensor, optical sensor and ultrasonic range finder.
- “Angle encoders” includes encoder, potentiometer, digital angle encoder.
- The “model of a heated room” includes the connection diagrams of control objects, an indication of the state of the relay, the control objects themselves: a heating element, a cooler for cooling the “room”. Temperature sensors are used to measure temperature in the “room” model.
- “DC motor” includes a control unit connection diagram, indication of the relay status, control object itself: a DC motor at one end of the shaft of which there is a pulley with a code disk. At the second end is a small gear. The control scheme provides for the possibility of step-by-step starting the engine and the implementation of dynamic braking. The reference signal to the DC motor is supplied from the analog output of the PLC. The DC motor speed sensor is based on a code disk. On the LCD indicator the rotation speed of the DC motor is displayed.
- “Indication” is based on the LCD indicator. Allows to observe the value of the rotation speed of the DC motor, the distance to the “mark” in the “Sensor Test” section, the temperature in the model of the heated room. The display profile is changed by pressing the “Display Toggle” button.Software and methodological support is attached to the laboratory bench:interactive software, which is an image of the front panel of the laboratory bench. When selecting an object of interest, information appears with the main parameters of the object and its purpose;
a set of methodological and technical documentation intended for the teaching staff.
Software and methodological documentation supplied with the training system:
- interactive software, which is an image of the front panel of the laboratory bench. When selecting an object, information appears with the main parameters of the object and its purpose;
- a set of methodological and technical documentation intended for the teaching staff.