The training laboratory stand is intended for use as educational equipment in higher and secondary specialized educational institutions during laboratory and practical classes at the course “Technical means of navigation” and allows you to simulate a ship moving in space.
Structurally, the stand consists of a control stand and autopilot “Stork”.
In the case of the control stand the following equipment is installed:
- Personal Computer;
- Control controller; a
- Electric gyrocompass;
- Electric steering wheel;
- Fault input relay.
On the front panel of the control stand you can find:
- PC control buttons;
- Connectors for connecting peripherals to a PC;
- Circuit breaker for supplying voltage;
- Connectors for connecting the stand the steering apparatus.
Automatic steering apparatus “Aist” is a device that allows to control the ship’s steering gear and is an automatic control system consisting of conversion and control elements.
Input signals from the autopilot are processed by the controller, which generates control signals for the gyrocompass, steering mechanism and rudder position sensor. Data is exchanged between the management controller and the PC via the USB interface.
The software allows to control external factors (wind, current), track the route of the vessel and its behavior depending on external influences, and also set the following malfunctions:
- Faulty gyrocompass indication;
- Gyrocompass feedback break;
- Faulty indication of the position of the steering wheel;
- Faulty Left Button;
- Interruption of the reference signal;
- Steering wheel malfunction.
The stand allows to explore the operation of the vessel in the following modes:
- Simple or manual mode;
The training system is supplied with:
- a set of methodological and technical documentation intended for the teaching staff;