The laboratory unit is intended for studying the operating principle and characteristics of sucker rod pump and can be used for training specialists in mining industry.
Structurally the unit consists of the system model and the control bench.
The system model has a frame base with the following items located on it:
- transparent tanks simulating fluid medium layer and a reservoir for pumping;
- sucker rod pump with transparent pipe and piston;
- acting model of pumping jack;
- sensors of pressure in layer, pump and receiving reservoir;
- circulation pump for creating and controlling pressure in layer;
- electromagnetic valve;
- level sensor;
- compressor for creating pressure in receiving reservoir.
The control bench has a block structure. It consists of an input unit with protecting devices, a power supply unit, a frequency converter for power supply of pumping jack driving motor, a measurement unit with a USB connector for PC, and a control unit.
The measuring system allows the timing diagrams from pressure sensors to be displayed on a PC, as well as the pump performance to be calculated, and the pumping jack power consumption to be measured. The functions of the control unit include control of the liquid level in the reservoir for pumping, automatic drain actuation, and control of the circulation pump and compressor.
The training system is supplied with:
- a software that is designed to work with the stand and allows you to automate the process of collecting, storing and displaying information in the form of graphs obtained during laboratory work on this stand. During operation, the program automatically establishes a connection with the stand, determines the start and end of the investigated processes, and also performs the construction of graphs of measured values in real time. The software implements the ability to export the obtained data for subsequent processing in various software packages (MS Excel, Matlab, Mathcad, etc.);
- a set of methodological and technical documentation intended for the teaching staff.